Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baby girl name # 5

Sooo, I'm posting for some help...help with a name for our baby girl on the way! Todd and I have got 2 names were thinking about, but were definitely not committed to.

#1. Caitlyn Joy (my idea)
#2. Rylee Joy (Todd's idea)
#3. Caitlyn Rylee (Todd's idea)
#4. ??????

Todd has put rules on naming this girl.
#1. No vowel names. I guess having an O, E, and A is enough for him.
#2. No repeating M....I sort of liked a couple of M names...oh well.

My rules are that I have to like it and that it sounds decent with our last name. For example, at first I kind of liked the name Reagan. Nope, it rhymes with our last name. How retarded would that be. Then I thought I liked the name Gretchen...same problem, it just sounded weird... to G's is one too many.

So my friends, if you can suggest anything unusual, but normal and pretty I would really love some new, fresh ideas!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Elizabeth! Todd! Hello my old friends. :) Shonda emailed me your blog link and I was just tickled to find you all again. Your girls are absolutely DARLING and I can't believe you're having another one! How fun!

It has been fun to read your blog and catch up a little on your lives. Quin & I have a little girl who just turned 3. We live in eastern Centennial--almost all the way to E-470. Quin is still in the Army but now is Active Duty Guard. When we first moved here he was stationed at Buckley AFB but now he works at the Denver Armory. We'll probably live here for several more years. You can click on my name to find my blog and see what I've been up to. :) It has been so fun to find you all again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth - I love checking in on your blog every now and then. You have an adorable family! I can't believe that you're having another girl! CONGRATULATIONS!!! My sister in law is girl #2 in a family of six girls. I love her family! They are so much fun, as I'm sure yours is too. Your girls are all adorable! I love the names that you are considering. Tough choice. :-)

Sechrist Family said...

I only have boy names!!! Go figure. The girl names we liked were: Camden, Aubree (but you have an Audrey), Brynn. Now, I expect you to use one of these or I'll be offended. Ha! :) Congratulations on another girl!!!

nicole said...

did I miss something here? How pregnant are you? I love the name Caitlyn. I have a friend with that name and spelled that way and I think she is so great. so good name association from me. Congrats on number 5 and I love all the cute photos you posted recently too!

Jamie said...

Hi Elizabeth! From your list of names, I like Rylee...isn't that your maiden name? Here are list of girls names that Andy and I like: Meredith, Lauren, Camden (as well!), Elise, and Isla (both vowel names, which are against the rules). Chances are, we won't be using any of these since we found out that we are having boy #4. Hmmmm...we really need to swap secrets. haha.
Good luck! Can't wait to see more updates, especially when she is born. Take care!