Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Introducing....

The newest member or our family...


Here I am, in all my glory. :- /  This was taken Sunday.  I was induced Tuesday.  The inducement went really well, except that I wasn't able to have an epidural...again.  My platelet count was under 100, so to avoid me bleeding out, I guess, no epidural.  Ah-natural with pitocin!  At least I knew what to expect, 
since Rylee was the same.  


Meg Elizabeth was born just before noon, weighing in at 7 lbs 12 ozs and was 19 inches long.


As you can see, the hospital here rounded up.  If Memorial would've done that with Audrey, she would've been 10 lbs 15 ozs.


My mom flew out for the delivery and to help out the week after.  She was an angel!


The nurses returned Meg after her hearing check and bath with her hair mohawked and a bow!  
Too cute!


A friend from our new church congregation watched all the girls and then brought them to the hospital to see their new baby sister.  I love this picture of Todd with all of his girls!


We only stayed one night at the hospital and then went home.  Here we are getting ready to leave.



A few days later we gave Meg her first sponge bath.  And like all my other girls, she cried through the whole thing.



We all wished that Grandma didn't have to leave!  Grandma spent time doing crafts, painting nails and playing dolls with her grandbabies.


These pictures were taken when Meg was just over a week old.  Isn't she the sweetest thing you've ever seen?  These are purely braggin' photos.



At exactly 2 weeks, Meg lost her umbilical cord.  Yeah!  A real bath.  She really liked sitting in the water...

The scrubbing, not so much.


Thank goodness for binkys!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

She is an absolute doll! thank you for sharing your birth and new baby experience. :) Congratulations from the Coys!

Unknown said...

How did Todd get so lucky to be surrounded by SEVEN gorgeous girls? Congratulations to you all!