Friday, March 26, 2010

American Girl Doll Paradise


Can I just say, $money$ can go very quickly in the American Girl Doll store!
Denver has the pleasure of being the next special city to claim an American Girl Store. I thought it appropriate that my 5 girls and I be some of the first to check it out on our very first day of Spring break. It was soooooo much fun!


Here we are, piled in the mini van, just itching to go!


Aren't they all so cute? I really should have taken a picture of myself... I'm sure I was glowing with excitement too!


I spent the first 15 minutes of our car ride doing doll hair. The girls all wanted to take their dolls to this new store looking fabulous, who can really blame them, certainly not me.
(I've taught them well, already!)



We ended up getting there waaaay too early. I misread the time. The store opened at 9 am for media and VIP, we had to come back at 10. But we passed a Krispy Kreme on the way, so off to eat donuts to burn some time. How much better can one day get?!
Well, Donuts didn't take as long as we thought, so we were back by 9:45. So all 5 girls were just hanging all over the big picture windows staring at all of the great things inside.
Our day got better...
An older woman waved me down from inside, then came strolling outside to us. She told me she was going to my mother and my girls grandmother today, and would we like to come into the store early and look around?! Heck, yeah!
So, to make a long story short, we got to be in the store a little earlier than most to gawk at the hundreds of doll things that little girls dream about and grown women, mothers and grandmothers still love to dream about.
Todd surprised me by wanting to tag along and was a great sport of helping to round up 5 (sometimes 6) girls, all trying to run in different directions in the store.


Here they are back at home with all their loot. We did limit how much they could spend, but honestly, it doesn't take long to empty your wallet with 5 girls in a store like that.


The rest of the day was spent playing dolls...sigh...really, truly, a perfect girl day!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

so cute! i always wanted a little girl to do "girly" things with.....i guess i'll have to hope for a granddaughter in 20-30 years :)

Marylin Kelley said...

Oh I had no idea they were opening one up here!! So fun! My girls would love that!! :)

Jamie said...

It was fun catching up on your family! Your girls are getting so big. You are amazing to handle 5!!! I guess your experience at the American Girl store is similar to mine at the Lego Store. :)